In a recent Predictable Revenue Podcast, Co-CEO Aaron Ross shared some interesting insights on the concept and importance of building an Outbound SDR team.
Five critical points were:
- It will, on average, take 6-12 months to get “up and productively-running”
- It will require full-time SDR’s
- It will require prospecting tools such as Outreach or SalesLoft, and a CRM system
- It’s important to document everything in your CRM system to ensure that new business revenue is, in fact, a result of the SDR effort
- It will help change the focus of your organization toward taking a more proactive approach to growth (as opposed to focusing on inbound leads and renewals)